Sunday, March 16, 2008

Colic

Friday night was the hardest night we have had so far. Sydney didn't really nap much after The Club and then cried from 6pm-2am! Yikers. We finally broke down and called the ped at 2. Of course, that is the time she fell asleep on Brian's shoulder. She slept there for over 4 hours after that. She was wiped out!. We went to see Dr. Miller on Saturday and he officially said she has colic. Bummer! It seems that the fussiness will move from the night time to the day time. We think that is already happening. Plus Sydney is a mover. She doesn't like to sit at all! She is also a healthy eater - seems to be that colic babies eat more to sooth themselves. She will squash Sara when they meet :-). Other than colic, Mom, Dad & baby are doing well.

1 comment:

Aunt Mary said...

Hey Katie and Brian, I just found the message with the blog info and am loving all the pictures of Sydney. I do not know what it is like to have a baby with colic...I was very blessed. She will get over it, I promise. Look at changing your water. I had to go to distilled water when John was a baby as he would fuss for two hours every evening about supper time and that helped for him. I nursed, so it was the water I was consuming that caused him gas. Of course any of the cabbage family veggies and eggs will do it too. I know it is a process of elimination until you find what triggers it, but keep looking.
We love you all so much and can't wait to see you all someday,soon I hope, hopefully before she is 5 and off to school...LOL Hugs and kisses all around, Aunt Mary