Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cousin Beth & Jacob's Trip to Colorado

My mom decided to get a new Murano and guess who the lucky winner of the old one is? Me! I was going to fly down to get it and drive it back to Colorado when my cousin Beth decided it would be a fun road trip for her and her son Jacob. Lucky me! I got a new vehicle and a visit from some family.

They arrived on Thursday and on Friday Beth, Jabob & I drove to Denver to see the Denver Mint. The website says that it is "recommended" to book ahead, but not that you "have" to. Well, from our experience you HAVE to book ahead since they didn't have an opening until August/September and here it was June! Oh well, we walked around downtown instead.

That night we had to show them Pearl Street.

Jacob requested to see the Air Force Academy. We all piled in and headed to The Springs to see that and Garden of the Gods.



Psycho baby!

Sydney loves to do the pressed pennies at places. I am fine with that...51 cents vs who knows what for a souvenir :-)

We got to enjoy watching some climbers at the Garden of the Gods.

My little poser

Traditional shots at Balancing Rock

My little climber


Isn't that the cutest picture? Sydney adores Jacob!

This was taken before we got yelled at for taking pictures. Mean store owner. Too bad, I think he lost some business from Beth.

I am not sure if that bike is big enough for Jacob.


Of course we had to go to the park. Sydney was all about Jacob helping her and playing with her.

And then on our walk home, a surprised scream from Beth. A snake was curled up by the path. After she recovered, she egged Jacob to pick it up. I have to admit, that was pretty cool!

I sure do miss my cousin Jacob and Beth! I had such a good time with them and got to know them even more from this trip. Love you guys!

No comments: