Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

What a great Mother's Day I had with Brian and Sydney! They let me sleep in - boy am I old when sleeping in is 7:30 :-). I picked Tracie and Brian up from the airport since they returned from their Hawaii trip this morning. Brian, Sydney and I then headed to The Cracker Barrel for lunch. Good and bad, Sydney took a morning nap which killed most of the waiting time.

Good 'ole CB rockers


Ah, memories of playing the game over and over. (I am sure Betsy will notice the colors.)

Aren't Sydney's new chairs cute?!?! Oh, don't forget to notice her new Dora shovel. That way she could help us plant our new flowers.

Um, I think Sydney is outnumbered :-)
We started a tradition last year of planting our annuals on Mother's Day.
Notice the nice tractor decorating our front yard?

The neighborhood boys, Sam & Tim, stopped by to help us. Sam was excited to find a worm.

"Hmmmm, I think this will look better over here."

Typically Sydney loves to clean her toes, but today she decided to put dirt chucks in between her toes!

One set of Dahlias.

Sydney decided to supervise her Daddy while he trimmed the Aspen.

We need to reseed some of the front yard. To do this, Brian was digging out a spot of crab grass. Sydney decided she sit then play in that area.

After a long and fun day, Sydney fell asleep around 5 for another short nap. I miss the days that she would just snuggle in. I am so glad to be Sydney's mom! Thank you also Brian for being such a great husband and great father!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day you had with your wonderful family. All that serious yard work and playing with the boys tired our little Sydney out. Good job on the flower planting!! Looks great.
Hugs and kisses to my little one.

Aunt Mary said...

Love the Dahlias!! One of my favorite flowers, besides my perrenial Star Gazer Lillies. Love you all, Auntie M